BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Only Wanna Be With You

Went to bed at 130am reading Deathly Hallows. Someone asked why I'm not done. Chuckled and said that it's like a good steak dinner. You want to savor it.

Got up at 530am -- I've been getting up at this time for almost everyday of my life since 3rd year high when I had COCC training -- and hit the PLAY button on my itunes. What do you know, it's Hootie and the Blowfish's "Only Wanna Be With You."

And it's only one of the best songs/sports-music videos by my fave one-album wonders. But hey, I loved their contributions to the soundtrack of Friends, Me, Myself and Irene plus Encomium, the Led Zeppelin tribute album.

Don't you just dig the Sportscenter cameo with my two fave all-time anchors, Keith Olbermann and Dan Patrick. And man... Dan Marino! Hoo-hah!

En fuego!

No comments:

Post a Comment