BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Legacy -- Ateneo Football


Music by Yanni & U2.

I did this after the three-peat of the Ateneo Blue Booters from 2004-06. I only had a day and a half to do everything from shoot some interviews to edit it quickly. There are mistakes in the years of some players like Zaldy Maranon and I wasn't able to properly credit Tristan & Gino Tongson, Migs Siojo, and some others. Forgive me, guys.

This was first shown during the bonfire celebration at Erenchun Field that followed the feat. I was nervous about the reception but man, hearing the team cheer, seeing the late Chris Monfort's kids get a kick out of it is all the thanks I'll ever need.

Animo Ateneo! Football's up.

This is for all those who ever played football in the Ateneo and love the game like no other.

No comments:

Post a Comment