BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Stuff

Dinner at Chili's Thursday night. That's Mike Yu, Chris Soler, Pia Boren, Mike Abasolo, and Euclid for a business meeting of this project that'll be done by June. Aww, Chris. Sorry but Sharon Yu didn't go.

I really thought that latest rant by the NCRFA against the PFF that came out in another paper was foul. Not only is the rant a month too late but it was in poor taste to even make insinuations about the health condition of the Federation's President. Then they had the temerity to complain to Harry Angping who not too long ago got embroiled in a controversy about his statement about Fil-fors when he just took office.

If my first four parts on the state of Philippine football were objective (please do not even count my rant because that was merely reserved for the blog and that came out immediately afterwards), the fifth part will be my opinion on why the scene is a frigging mess. It's based on what I've seen and heard first hand. It's based on the volumes of paperwork and documents that I've been handed by different groups.

Some parties have sent me information that contain a lot of virtiol that it could brings matters to a boil. But I've asked, if you have all this info, then why haven't you brought them out yourselves? The one thing I have to keep in mind is that people in media are sometimes used by others to advance their own interests. It's a fine line one has to tread when writing or even taking shots at some parties.

Anyways. Watch out for that next week.

On another note, that football film project is finally moving. Yes! Yes! Yes! I will be in Iloilo from April 20-22 working on this.

Regarding MFC, thanks to the Ateneo Men's & Women's Football Teams, Accenture, Trish, Thor, Pat, and Carl for pitching in on this.

Congrats to Johann Uichico. Graduation Day, bud. Good luck in med school. Yes, we were born in the wrong era. Man...... Chris Soler would surely agree with me.

Those who want to volunteer for a Homeless World Cup event at the Ateneo, please let me know right away! It'll happen this April or early May.

When I woke up this morning, I prayed to God for several things:
1. I thanked Him for that cool new project that I'm working on with Ateneo that we will call for now "The Heritage Series."

2. I asked Him to please tell Steve Jobs to stop making iPods. I was at the Mac Center in Greenbelt yesterday and was slobbering over the iPod Touch. Was getting my Woof for my Macbook and hoping to install additional memory when I saw the iPod Touch. I had to use my line in the Tony Blair piece... tempting temptation. Give in, Rick. Give in.

Note to self.... Chili's servings are sinful. Hahahaha. Dinner at Gbelt 5 with my friends was cool. Went to my dad's b-day bash afterwards. Haven't seen that many people pack the place in a while. Hindi nakayanan ng industrial aircon. Hahahaha.

3. To help this friend of mine who is making an important decision that will change his life because it will take him on another journey.

4. To thank Him that the football docu is going to move after three years of looking for someone to help out. This past several months have seen the fruition of several things from the Ateneo Sports Calendar, the book, the mag, the gig, the well... ah, basta.

5. For reminding me to continue that Good Deed of the Week that I used to do with someone. Was given a goodie bag yesterday and I left it with this kid who was sleeping atop the overpass. Hope he puts it to good use.

6. That he gives my bad knees the strength. Will be at the Palms Country Club in Alabang this Saturday where I'll play tennis and hand out awards in a tennis tournament. (you actually think I'm competing? Saling pusa lang ako!).

I was supposed to hit some balls with PJ Tierro (who I did a TV interview with on Solar Sports several years back) but he backed out at the last moment coz of some tournament for La Salle. So I figure it's going to be with Johnny Arcilla. Take it nice and slow and don't make me run the baseline. Be good. First game then I'm retiring. Hahahahaha. Grabe. Nakakahiya. But I'm so amped for this. Thanks for all the opportunities.

7. Today coz it's Friday and it's another day. And it's the weekend and I can start playing football again soon.
+
AMDG

No comments:

Post a Comment