BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mad Dogs Mad Rick

I'm doing a story on the Mad Dog Motorcycle Club for a future issue of Business Mirror. I've always been fascinated by big bikes and all that biker culture. To own a Harley Davidson, man, that is something I hope I can eventually say, I got it done, mate.

I had the first of a few meetings to iron out the story we want to do. I will be joining them on a future ride and other functions to tell that ultimate biker story so I'd say that by the time I type it out on my laptop, it will be either late September or mid-October. I can't say if it's one column or a two or three-part series. We'll see where the whole experience takes me but I am stoked for this.

They gave me a Mad Dog support shirt that I will wear this Thursday on Halikinu Radio (was supposed to wear my Twisted Red Cross shirt). Yeah!

My playlist for the day: Vice by Razorlight * Monica's Light by The Railway Children * KC Accidental by Broken Social Scene * High by The Cure * Wonderwall by Ryan Adams * Your Hand In Mine by Explosions in the Sky * Landslide by Fleetwood Mac * The Look of Love (Part IV) by ABC * Love In A Vacuum by 'Til Tuesday * Space Age Love Song by Abra Moore * City of the Dead by The Clash * Kissing the Lipless by The Shins * Svenf-g-englar by Sigur Ros * Dear Prudence by Siouxsie and the Banshees

No comments:

Post a Comment