BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Got to Score (Thanks Noel and Jinno!)

Check out this new show on flippish.com -- it's called The Score with veteran sportscaster Noel Zarate and Jinno Rufino. It was at Solar where I finally got to meet Noel and we hit it off instantly. In fact, I credit him with giving me plenty of television breaks while at the cable channel. I think it was my first week when he invited me to make a guest appearance on his sports talk show on RJTV. Then he invited me over to on several occasions on NBA Radio with Martin David, Magoo Marjon, Justin Orbien, and Ralph Roy. When he did more production work, he produced two shows that I proposed and wrote -- the Solar Sports Year in Review for 2006 and 2007. The first was a two-hour episode while the second ran for an hour. Then we collaborated on Sports Desk. Now this guy is one walking sports encyclopedia and is a superb host. We chatted while watching the V-League playoff match between Ateneo and FEU and the following day, with Jinno in Boracay, he asked me to fill in. And would I have said no? Bwahahaha! My fave hirit... the Clippers will win because of Kate Hudson! Bwahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment