BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Norman Black & the Batang PBA

Coach Norman Black gave a basketball clinic for kids at Ali Mall in Cubao with the help of Talk 'N Text players Mark Cardona, Jared Dillinger, and Jimmy Alapag this morning, Saturday, March 27. Norman has really grown into that role of coach and teacher. The kids and the crowd that was watching was clearly having a good time. Lots of humor too. Made it really relaxing for all. I was checking the 20% sale at Fully Booked in Gateway and I passed by. Picked up the new issue of Philippines Free Press that used my Manny Pacquiao piece as the cover story. That really surprised me. And I did pick up the latest issue of Fortune magazine. Excellent reading material. And I love the article on how US vets from Iraq and Afghanistan are making success transitions as corporate executives. Fascinating. Now back to Norman... after the Holy Week break, we'll get into the Ateneo Blue Eagles and other college teams.
Have three people to sign up for my request for those who want to write about the PBA. Looking for a few more. Email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment