BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, April 30, 2010

Finally got me a new copy of this DVD

This was a must buy for me. Have been buying back some of my collectibles that I lost during last year's Typhoon Ondoy. I tried looking for this around Metro Manila (Astrovision and Odyssey) but the sales people would always say, "Matagal na yun, sir. Wala na."

Huh? But don't they carry titles that go all the way back to the 80's maybe even earlier as well? I once testily asked in return, "Eh, yung Casablanca hindi pa buhay tatay mo eh meron pa kayong DVD tapos yung Miracle na 2004 wala na?"

I guess they don't care about ice hockey back home, yeah? So I had to settle for buying a pirated copy several months back (even that is hard to find). But I don't really like having pirated stuff soil my all-original collection so it was going to get replaced.

Anyways, I did got myself the double-disc version (and its Region 1 as well) which is better coz I previously had the single disc copy.

I also wanted to get the Liverpool 2008-09 Year in Review DVD except that it costs a pricey $53! Was looking for the Super Bowl XLII featuring the New England Patriots vs. the New York Giants but they didn't have it. Lots of WWE and NBA stuff though.


No comments:

Post a Comment