BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, April 30, 2010

Today @ SingCity

Chicken rice at Food Republic in Suntec City. The Doughnut Factory where I had a double chocolate and that is unusual because I'm not big on chocolates. Checked out Harris bookstore at Somerset but got bored. Made friends with this family from Arizona that is going around Southeast Asia. I am purged of fastfood junk. Wanted to get the Lost Patrol two-in-one CD but it was out so I had to make do with Black Rebel Motorcycle Club's Beat the Devil's Tattoo. My cousin got this album by former American Idol contestant Melinda Doolittle. Took another look at the David Villa kit from Valencia. $159. Money best saved for something else and another day. My son watching football on television between two Chinese teams. Have to lose weight. The Battlestar Galactica shirt I got at Universal Studios makes me feel like I'm wearing a muscle shirt. Be a little more adventurous. Think outside the box, Singapore. Oh, what's that? Another new mall. Went to my favorite Indian restaurant in Bugis. It's now gone. Razed to make way for? Ben & Jerry's or Haagen Dazs? A dollar for an ice cream sandwich (sweet corn). Talking F1. Thinks this Indian columnist for the Straits Times is pretty good. Temptation. Christina Hendricks on Esquire. Look. Save money. Download. Real Madrid's disappointing year. Oh yeah? Tell that to Liverpool! Uniqlo shirt celebrating the 30th anniversary of Mobile Suit Gundam last year. $31. Hmm. Save. Thought she was Maria Sharapova. Maybe she is? Making plans to comeback and watch Broken Social Scene in July. Last time I saw them was in New York. Having fun yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment