BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Klose shows some klass in admitting to a handball goal


Klose EPIC MOMENT REFUSE HANDBALL GOAL (Napoli 3... by martelis


I have always been a fan of German footballer Miroslav Klose. Last night, he scored three minutes into Lazio’s match versus Napoli. Apparently, the ball hit his hand and went in. Klose had about a minute to think of it as Napoli players protested to the referee before he fessed up. The referee waived it off upon Klose’s insistence. Grateful Napoli players rubbed Klose’s hair as a sign of gratitude but it hardly mattered as Lazio crushed Napoli which in case you do not know is Diego Maradona’s former club.

Question now is… do I get a Lazio jersey? Have always disliked this club for its fascist ideology. Maybe I will look for a Bayern Munich Klose shirt.




1 comment:

  1. pure class, other players should learn from this incident....but i think klose should have been yellow carded for intentional handball, harsh... but thats the way it should be.

    ReplyDelete