BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wednesday in Bangkok


I really wanted to get out today so I finished all my writing really quick. Went to Terminal21 first but traffic was so horrendous that I didn't have much time to go around as I was meeting up with Bob Guerrero at Siam Paragon. We had lunch there, spent some time at Kinokuniya before heading to MBK to look for some stuff. The other day, I saw this cool beaten up shirt with Chang beer in front that was for sale in those street markets near Rajamangala. Didn't have time to go back to Ramkhamhaeng Road so MBK was my best bet. Bumped into Paul Mulders and Dennis Cagara doing a little shopping. Dennis was looking for some tiny boxing gloves for his kid. While I found my Chang shirt (see pic below).


You really have to try the street food. Haven't had this street pizza in years. Gave it a try but the one with the white stuff was cream. Too sweet for my taste buds. 


Our last stop via BTS was Nana where we went to Golden to watch the Group B matches of the Suzuki Cup. Craig Burrows, Roy Moore, and Jacque Palami joined Bob and I over there. I was disappointed that Singapore lost on a bogus call that cost them this match. Malaysia finally came alive against a laos Laos team. The final matches of both groups have lots of implications!

At Golden, well, had a slight encounter again. Hahaha. Ask Bob or Craig.

Ah, me in my Chang shirt. Got me a Robbie Fowler Muangthong United shirt and now this Chang tee it makes this trip worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment