BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Mesut Ozil revival



While I am a Liverpool supporter through and through, I have always been a fan of Mesut Ozil way back when he was still playing for Werder Bremen in the Bundesliga. When he made his debut for the German National Team for the 2010 World Cup, his talent was all the more evident on the field that he parlayed it on a stint with Real Madrid. The move to Arsenal hasn't been easy but Ozil seems to have found his groove with the Gunners and as of this post, has had a hand in 13 of Arsenal's goals in the past 12 matches. He's tallied 11 assists and 2 goals for himself. His assists in seven successive matches is a Premier League record. Hope he continues this torrid pace and helps the Gunners to a better finish (just not against Liverpool). 

I have a collection of his kits from the German National team to Real Madrid to Arsenal. Hope to add a Werder Bremen shirt sometimes soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment