BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Got my signed Aleksandar Duric book!


I have been following Asian football for over a decade now and during this time, one footballer I have enjoyed following and writing about is Aleksandar Duric, the Bosnian-Singaporean forward for the Lions. I have had the pleasure of conducting three one-on-one interviews with him through the years and enjoyed every moment of them. We even had coffee once in Singapore (we chatted for about three hours). He even invited me to watch him play for the Tampines Rovers during one S-League match (which I did and that is the pic from above). 

A Singaporean media colleague of mine, Fabius Chen, was able to get Duric to sign my copy of his book at Kinokuniya today! Wish I was there but it's not so bad, right?

The book signing was well attended. Look forward to writing a book review.




No comments:

Post a Comment